DX, the industry-leading platform for managing developer experience, is launching DX25, a new framework designed to help organizations measure developer experience. Developed by leading software engineering researchers, DX25 measures four KPIs and 25 key drivers that impact developer productivity, performance, and satisfaction.
A recent Gartner report found that 78% of companies surveyed have implemented, or plan to implement, a formal developer experience initiative. Similarly, according to a recent Forrester study, 75% of enterprise leaders view developer experience as a critical factor in achieving their business objectives.
By delivering a standard framework to measure developer experience, DX25 gives leaders confidence to make more informed decisions about how to improve developer productivity and happiness in their own organizations.
DX25 is designed by DX’s in-house team of software engineering researchers including Dr. Margaret-Anne Storey (co-author of SPACE), Dr. Nicole Forsgren (creator of DORA), and Dr. Michaela Greiler (author of DX Framework).
DX25 measures four key performance indicators (KPIs) that track productivity, engagement, ease of delivery, and time waste, as well as 25 key drivers that impact these KPIs. DX25 is built into DX DevEx 360, a product which helps leaders understand and address areas of friction that slow down software delivery.
This product includes:
- A library of scientifically validated items, including 4 KPIs to track developer experience outcomes and 25 critical topics that impact KPIs.
- Perceptual and workflow measures for each topic, providing a complete view of the developer experience.
- Benchmarks that illustrate how a company’s developer experience compares to others, and results that break down by persona and team, to help contextualize data.
- Priority rankings for each factor and guidance on which improvements will have the biggest impact on KPIs.
- Expert-designed action guidance that helps managers meaningfully improve on each of the 25 drivers.
For more information about DX25, please download our whitepaper.